Two weekends ago I had the AMAZING opportunity to go to the Jump convention.
These are all the people from my studio I was able to dance with in the senior room. Besides us, there were about 200 more girls!
The little heart throb of the night was Kenny Wormald. If you don't know who he is, he is the main guy on the remake of Footloose.
I was legitimately 5 feet away from him the whole convention. These photos are with no zoom people!! I was even lucky enough to meet him he gave me a quick hug before heading out. As you can imagine I was quite starstruck!
But on a serious note, I have grown so much as a dancer from this convention.
I haven't taken tap for a few years. One of the teachers was Mike Minery, a famous tap instructor. Taking the class reminded me of how much fun tap was.
Katy Spreadbury, the ballet instructor changed my whole outlook on ballet. Katy talked a lot about how you should feel when your dancing in ballet. I worked muscles I never knew I had.
In contemporary, I was instructed by Teddy Forance, who is off the show Shaping Sound. He was all about improv. He taught us how to move our bodies in different ways. I absolutely loved his routine.
Melanie Moore, SYTYCD Winner, assisted with the Contemporary pieces. Misha Gabriel taught Hip Hop. I LOVE hip hop!! Oh course, one of the highlights, Kenny Wormald.
Other than my moment with Kenny, the highlight of the convention was MIA MICHAELS. If you don't know that name, you really should Google it and watch some of her pieces off of SYTYCD. She is a visionary. I loved performing her routines. Sadly, Mandy Moore couldn't make the convention. But Mia's routine helped make up for it. Mia gave me an amazing new perspective. Between choreography she would give little inspirational pep-talks. She in amazing and defiantly one of my dance idols!! I was able to meet her as well!
The week after the convention (last Saturday) our team had a competition. We totally killed it!! Both of my routines got a diamond rank, as well as first place. The same goes for almost all of our studio's routines. One of our routines also placed best over all, and several of L2D's routines won high point.
I am so grateful for everything that dance has taught me, the good friends I've made as well.
xoxo, Lexie




No comments:
Post a Comment