Summer is Gone. It's not over but it's gone. I found my self leave my house with long black boots & a fleece jacket. The Pool is being winterized & is no longer open. When I walk out of the ballet studio, the sky is tinted light gray & car lights are on. The leaves are turning colors & it is pretty but it's not green.
My cricket friends singing me to sleep every night are getting quieter every night & I am waking up to the sound of Jackson & my alarm instead of the sprinklers hitting my window & birds chirping songs.
Oh I know you'll go away but you'll be back someday to bring the tulips off the ground & to melt the mountain snow. For now I'll back away my flip flops, bring out the boots, drink some hot-coco & read a book or two! Oh yeah. & finish my math :)
1 comment:
Good writing Lex. I like the picture you painted! I am sad to see summer go too, but hot chocolate does sound kind of nice!
Post a Comment