So as many of you know, I got hurt cheering and so for a while I had to sit and watch all of my dance classes and sit with the officers at games and cheer from the bleachers.
My brother!! We look so much alike don't we??;)

And Jonah.... there are no words to explain this kid! He is amazing. Super funny and always kind. He has tons of pins on his officer jacket and one of them I love to death. It is the grape soda pin from the movie up and awww... I'm the only person he lets wear it! I'm his favorite;)

On Thursday morning I had to go to the hospital to get my blood drawn. On my way back to school my friend Krystal who is the cheer captian called telling me that one of the cheerleader's dad's had died unexpectedly while he was on a business trip. We were all so sad for her and her family! It also taught us how fragile life is.
There is a fundraiser being put together for this weekend, Friday, 12/7 from 4-8 pm and Saturday, 12/8 from 12-4 at Davis High School in Kaysville. Food, baked goods, and and auction items will be available. Because of the short timeline we are looking for the community and our friends and family to get into the Christmas spirit and help us with this much needed event. The committee is hoping to raise $20k for the family for funeral expenses and to get them on their feet. If you can donate ANYTHING (merchandise, services, baked goods, etc), PLEASE let me know. Please share this with family and friends. A FB event page will be coming. C'mon.... who doesn't have a gift cert lying around that could be auctioned, a connection with local businesses or maybe you are able to donate a pan of brownies. Really.... anything is helpful.
That same day was the first game that I was able to cheer at once I got better was the alumni game. I was so thankful that I was able to cheer at this game. Even though we were all still sad our coach said to cheer hard for her dad!!
My best friend Aspen cheered with me last year but decided to not try out again because she wanted to go back to dance. It was so fun to cheer with her again at Alumni though. It was so fun to see all the Sophomores and Juniors that I haven't seen for a couple months!!
Wall split action!!!
Also Jackson recently broke his wrist and it hasn't been healing right and is going in for surgery tomorrow!! Crazy! His cute teacher had all of the kids write him little notes to wish him good luck tomorrow! They are so cute and I was tearing up a little looking at the book they had made. He is truly an angel from heaven and we love him so much!
On a happy note, my love for fashion has been helping me with opportunities in my life lately. I am learning so much about jobs I can soon apply for plus colleges and programs that can help me kick start my career in a couple years down the road.
I decided to start documenting my outfits on a blog like a little online fashion journal. Go check it out!! The blog is http://idresstoimpress.blogspot.com
Have a fab week and remember you are blessed!
xoxo, Lexie


3 comments:
I'm so sad I missed Alumni day!! I thought it was Friday:( Hope Jack is okay and Tori too! So sad! ~Golda
Sorry about your friend's dad.
Can't wait to see more outfits. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my new post and latest style column for LaurenConrad.com. xo
www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
Post a Comment