Wednesday, December 1, 2010

25 More Days!

25 more days till I wake up on Christmas morning. Tired as ever & then I sit up & suddenly. I'm on the couch playing Wii with my brothers who have probably bet up since 3. With Collin nagging me about what presents I gave him & keeping Jackson quiet & not shredding through his presents. We wait patiently until 6:30 when my mom comes down the stairs holding Izzy &the camera both of them squinting. (their wake-up face :D) My dad wide eyed & smiling big!

Izzy jumps out of my mom's arms & runs to her presents labeled: To: Izzy From: Santa. Jackson is first to start since he has been picking at each present pretty much, in his sleep. Then Collin, Iz & then me.

Every year I know exactly what I'm getting for most of the presents.

This year i sat on my bed with hot coco in my hands (shhh. don't tell my mom) & the Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target & Toys R Us Catalogs in a stack. I dodn't see anything that caught my eye. I wrote my Christmas list to Santa about 3 times before I started pulling out my Christmas box. (I usually beg my mom to get Christmas out before Thanksgiving so there ya go.) I unloaded all my nutcrackers into their homes & FINALLY put away my Halloween decorations. I look i my Christmas box for any more decorations & find 3 figures. Mary, Joesph & Baby Jesus. I crumpled up those 3 letters & threw them away.
I know I will be getting something & after this episode I asked for a dress coat & dress boots but I will settle with the real understanding of Christmas. I always knew it, but it took me 12 Christmases to get it.

2 comments:

Circe said...

Love it! You must be growing up! Sad, but happy, too. It takes a wise girl to know in her heart that the gifts aren't the most important part!

Toni said...

With that attitude, you're bound to have a wonderful Christmas!