Ballet starts in exactly 8 hours!!!!
I love the start of Dance. You get to see all your friends again, you get to go shopping for your leo's & tights. Ahh, it's the life!Hair pulled as tight as it can go.
As high as it can go from your toes.
The rip of a package, bundling you pretty pink tights.
cinching the brand new fabric between your fingers.
Softly toughing your toes, calves, knees & so forth.
Till finally the pink elastic snaps at your waist!
I take hold of my leotard, folded up so pretty in my drawer.
My body carefully slips into the suit.
Trying not to rip the magnificent seams.
Hairspray & toe tape go right where they are needed.
To secure the places, not usually seen &
with all my dreams zipped up in a bag,
I jump in the car with a
HUGE
grin on my face.
I skip into the studio & take my place.
I work really hard & correct my corrections.
Once I succeed in my goals I've made.
(Which might take some time, but ya know what... Hey!)
I'm happy & love what I do!
DANCE!
4 comments:
I know! I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited! But I am devastated that we aren't in the same class! Oh, well maybe we will be soon! I'm also excited for the sleepover! See you soon!
Only 1 1/2 more hours for me!:)
golda
Very eloquent! Passion is half the battle. I guess hard work is the other half, and you have that down, too! Have a great dance year!
Well said!
Lex, I am so proud of you and your accomplishments in doing what you love. Keep up the hard work. Remember, you can do anything you want with hard work, practice, and passion. Love ya, Dad...
Post a Comment