Saturday, May 15, 2010

Race Day!

Today my mom & dad ran the Ogden "Jump into Spring" race. They have been training for a LONG time & I am so proud of them! My mom ran the half relay & my dad ran the full. My mom & I were worried that he wouldn't finish but we were so proud of him when we saw him cross the finish line. He has had some knee issues & he is going to have surgery in July but we were worried he wasn't okay!

On Friday night I made this green poster for them so they could spot us when they finished!

Grandpa bought us ice cream at one of the booths.

After words we went to Iggy's for lunch with Grandpa & Grandma. I'm so happy that they could come with us. It was fun to spend time with them!
Happy Birthday Dad! I'm so proud of you & I'm happy you enjoyed your race! Mom you did awesome too!
Love, Lex

2 comments:

Toni said...

What an accomplishment!

Ryan said...

Thanks, Lex. It was you guys that I was thinking about when I wanted to quit. I knew you would be waiting for me at the finish and that was very important to me. I loved the sign. Love you...