Monday, February 8, 2010

Busy Bee!

On Saturday I was able to go to the bountiful Temple to do baptisms for the dead! As a beehive I was so exited. this was going to be my first times doing baptisms. My dad kindly woke me up at 5:30. I got up, got dressed & headed upstairs for some delightful Captain Crunch. Then we got in the car & headed down to where we were meeting. Yes of course, we were the first ones there.


I had SOOOOOOOO! much fun. I was so amazed at what I was doing. I was standing in some body's place that wasn't able to be baptized on the earth. I was also amazed at how short I was in the font. My chin was barely above the water!



After baptisms we went to one of our leader's house for the best breakfast in the world! There was pancakes, pumpkin pancakes, 4 different syrups, bacon, eggs, hash browns, lots & lots of fruit. WOW! that was the best breakfast ever.


Well I came home & did my chores and then I was headed of to a birthday party. Not one of my friend's but for a 5 year old. She had a Sugar plum, Snow Queen, Ballet party. The mom transformed the basement hugely. (I don't even think that that is a word). She hired me to dance at her girl's birthday party. It was so much fun. I preformed a solo to dance of the sugar plum fairies and then I taught the girls a little dance. They danced to twinkle, twinkle, little star.
I think that that was so fun so if anyone else needs a ballerina to dance at their little girl's birthday I'm available (I have a blue, pink, gold & purple costume) Just Kidding!

They had set up a little stage on their hard floor & I danced on my toe shoes!


I took pictures with all the girls & I just loved the look on their faces when I came through the stage curtain! PRICELESS! They were so cute!

As you can see, the mom was very talented!

3 comments:

Kimi said...

Congrats on your first trip to the temple Lex! We were there the same day... but much later. :) I'm sure the girls at the b-day party were very impressed with your skills. You are quite the entrepreneur!

Circe said...

Amazing party and what a cute idea to have you dance! I bet the little girls thought you were a star!

Cami said...

That is so cute that you were the star performer at a birthday party - how fun! What neat decorations from the mom.